Dienstag, 2. August 2011

Anselm Kiefer's Airplane (Sugar) after Elaine Sturtevant

















Christiaan Tonnis ~ Anselm Kiefer's Airplane (Sugar) after Elaine Sturtevant | Videostill | 2008

Anselm Kiefer's Airplane after Elaine Sturtevant's "Kiefer Voyage Au Bout De La Nuit", 1992.
It looks like Elaine Sturtevant build Anselm Kiefer's lead airplane as an exact copy - but she pointed out, that it isn't neither a copy nor a reconstruction, but better explained with a recreation or new creation. I used sugar to recreate Elaine Sturtevant's Anselm Kiefer's lead airplane, as I keep it in my memory from an exhibition at the MMK Museum für Moderne Kunst, Frankfurt, at the 25th of September 2004. I was so impressed and had to think about it from time to time, that I now took one step further and created Sturtevant's airplane (made by Kiefer as one of seven) with lumps of sugar.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.